Hello, I am an associate professor of computer science at KAIST. My research interests are in developing and applying machine learning models for natural language processing. In our research group, we look at various data such as news, social media, Wikipedia, and programming education.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, MIT, 2008
- M.S. in Language and Information Technologies, CMU, 2000
- S.B. in Mathematics, MIT, 1996
Selected Publications (Google Scholar)
- Dongkwan Kim and Alice Oh. How to Find Your Friendly Neighborhood: Graph Attention Design with Self-Supervision. ICLR 2021.
- Sungjoon Park, Kiwoong Park, Jaimeen Ahn, and Alice Oh. Suicidal Risk Detection for Military Personnel. EMNLP 2020.
- Yeon Seonwoo, Ji-Hoon Kim, Jung-Woo Ha, and Alice Oh. Context-Aware Answer Extraction in Question Answering. EMNLP 2020.
- Sungjoon Park, Donghyun Kim, and Alice Oh. Conversation Model Fine-Tuning for Classifying Client Utterances in Counseling Dialogues. NAACL 2019.
- Jooyeon Kim, Dongkwan Kim, and Alice Oh. Homogeneity-Based Transmissive Process To Model True and False News in Social Networks. WSDM 2019.
- Yeon Seonwoo, Sungjoon Park, and Alice Oh. Hierarchical Dirichlet Gaussian Marked Hawkes Process for Narrative Reconstruction in Continuous Time Domain. EMNLP 2018.
- Program Chair, NeurIPS 2022
- Program Chair, ICLR 2021
- Tutorials Chair, NeurIPS 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Chair, ICLR 2019
- Action Editor, Transactions of the ACL
- Area Chair, ACL 2015, 2019, 2021
- Area Chair, EMNLP 2015, 2019, 2020
- Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Social Computing
- Track Chair, WWW 2019
- Subcommittee Associate Chair, CHI 2018, 2019, 2020
- Program Chair, ICWSM 2014
- Senior PC, PC, Reviewer for ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, EACL, NeurIPS, ICLR, WSDM, KDD, WWW, CHI, CSCW, AAAI