Hello, I am an associate professor of computer science at KAIST. I got my PhD in 2008 from MIT and I joined KAIST in the same year. My research interests are in developing and applying machine learning models for human social behavior data. In our research group, we look at various data such as news, social media, Wikipedia, and programming education.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, MIT, 2008
- M.S. in Language and Information Technologies, CMU, 2000
- S.B. in Mathematics, MIT, 1996
Selected Publications (Google Scholar Page)
- Jooyeon Kim, Dongkwan Kim, and Alice Oh. Homogeneity-Based Transmissive Process To Model True and False News in Social Networks. WSDM 2019.
- Yeon Seonwoo, Sungjoon Park, and Alice Oh. Hierarchical Dirichlet Gaussian Marked Hawkes Process for Narrative Reconstruction in Continuous Time Domain. EMNLP 2018.
- Tutorials Chair, NeurIPS 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Chair, ICLR 2019
- Area Chair, ACL 2015, 2019
- Track Chair, WWW 2019
- Subcommittee Associate Chair, CHI 2018, 2019
- Area Chair, EMNLP 2015
- Program Chair, ICWSM 2014
- Senior PC, PC, Reviewer for ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, EACL, NeurIPS, ICLR, WSDM, KDD, WWW, CHI, CSCW, AAAI